Friday, June 8, 2012

Am I really old enough to have a kid driving?

Wasn't it just the other day that I brought her home from the hospital? How is it possible that almost 16 years have gone by in the blink of an eye?

As all of the transitions my child has made over the years, this one has been harder for me than it has been for her. She matures and then it hits me like a ton of bricks. I can say for certain that I have learned as much from my daughters as they have learned from me.

The first week of official drivers education has gone by fairly well. Only 2 "discussions", a few tears, and one angry honker. That's a pretty good record, if I do say so myself.

Probably the biggest adjustment I have had to make this week is giving up control of the wheel. I'm the driver. Always have been. I'm not a very good passenger. Ask my husband. Well, don't. Just take my word.

I'm not ready for this. But here it is whether I want it or not. Keep us in your thoughts. Send positive vibes. I need them.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment