Thursday, April 22, 2010

Non-winning Lottery Ticket

Dear Jim @ Speedway gas station,

I'm sorry to say that you did not sell me the winning Powerball ticket yesterday afternoon when I visited the station. Based on our agreement stipulation of winning, you lost out on the new car you requested.

You were nice enough to not call me out for being so absent-minded and for that, I thank you! When you asked me if I wanted the winning ticket or the non-winning ticket, I imagine that many comments flowed through your head when I replied, "I don't know. Can you explain the difference?". When you didn't answer and I looked up to see your facial expression, it occurred to me what you had asked me... DOI! I have to admit that I wasn't totally paying attention - if that wasn't obvious enough for you. I don't buy lottery tickets often, as I mentioned to you, but when I have, I'm usually asked something about payout or buyout or something I don't even recall...see how much attention I pay to it?

with a sad, sad heart,
kath

p.s. You told me it only takes one ticket to win. Just not mine, this time. Iwon't be coming to your speedway until I'm not mad at you anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment